Friday, April 13, 2012

Invitation Only By Kate Brian


Title: Invitation Only
Author: Kate Brian
Pages: 272
Level: Young Adult
Published: November 7, 2006

( I don't like posting the summary because if you haven't read the previous one then some things get spoiled. So, if you don't want any spoilers, just skip to the review.)

Reed Brennan's future is looking as bright as the two-karat diamonds in her new housemates' ears. Being accepted to the most prestigious private boarding school in the country wasn't enough for Reed. She had to break every rule to do it, but she has accomplished the impossible: Reed is a Billings Girl now. And with her new status come respect, envy, and, most important, opportunity. Not to mention the parties. Unfortunately, at the next illicit party in the Easton campus woods, her roommate snaps some pictures of Reed in more than one compromising position. She uses the photos to blackmail Reed: Dig up dirt on the most powerful and popular Billings Girls or she will have Reed expelled. And speaking of parties, the Legacy is coming up. It's the invitation-only Halloween party in NYC and it's rumored that Thomas -- Reed's MIA boyfriend -- will be making an appearance there. Too bad Reed isn't even close to invited. Life as a Billings Girl is every bit as glamorous as Reed imagined. What she didn't bargain for is the tangled web of private lies these girls weave.

Review:

Well, let's start with the fact that I hate these covers. They are absolutely ridiculous and I cannot stand them. How are they supposed to entice anyone to buy the book if they look like crap?

This book was better than the first though. Even though I still hated the Billings girls I was more used to their extreme lack of kindness. I liked it.

To be honest this series is kind of pulling me in, not for the great writing style, but just because I want to know what happens so badly. Which I guess is what makes a good book.

The only problem I had with it is that the main guy, is super disgusting to me. I cringed every time he was in the story. So, it was kind of bogus.

Oh, and another thing. I enjoy books that are bigger. So, when I picked up the first one in this series, it was small. I just think that the author could have combined some books so that there weren't so many. Just to warn you if you do plan to read this series, but hate when it seems never ending, there are FOURTEEN books in the series. Yes, I know.

Otherwise I liked the book, the plot line picked up since the last book and there was actually a main theme to focus on.

Cover: 1/5
Character Rating: 2/5
Style: 3/5
Development: 4/5
Overall:
***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.