Monday, August 13, 2012

Pandemonium By: Lauren Oliver



Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 375
Level: Young Adult
Published: February 28, 2012

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Review: 
Oh lordy, where do I start? When I first read Delirium I was overwhelmed by my love for the book and could not wait for Pandemonium. Once it came out though there was such a length between the two that I forgot that I had been yearning for it. It took me a while before I decided to sit down and read it. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. 

You know when you start reading a book and you’re expecting at least the first thirty pages to be boring before you become enveloped in the book? There was absolutely none of that. From the first page I was mesmerized. You’d think that because it goes from then to now it wouldn’t work…well at least I did. It was so perfect, I loved it. Every time the ‘then’ section ended I would want to get through the ‘now’ section as quick as possible to get back to the ‘then’ , but once I was in the ‘then’ I was thinking about the ‘now’ section.

Gah. I loved this book so much. And I’m kind of sad to say that I liked Julian much more than Alex. 
If you are hesitant to read this book like I was, DON’T. I don’t know how many ways I can convey how much I loved this book. I am going to be waiting for the day the next installment comes out. 

Cover: 2/5
Character Rating: 5/5
Style: 5/5
Plot Development: 4/5
Overall: ***** ( I wish I could award this book more)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.
Beeeeeeeep.